The Shipper's Market
Back To Job Center
Director, North America Outbound Logistics
Purcell International Group
Mgmt. consultants/executive search
To $130 base + 25% + stock options
Can be located in NY, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark
Reports to: VP, U.S. Customer Service
The primary function of this position is to lead all activities associated with the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of North American Cluster outbound delivery operations. These areas of responsibilities will apply to the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico markets with an annual budget of $134,000,000.
Additionally the DNAOL will be responsible for the development of the long range planning of North American Cluster manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution network, i.e., Network Modeling Project.
He/She will lead the strategic activities relating to the movement of all outbound shipments to include Representative, District Sales Manager, and Customer shipments. The scope of the distribution operation is to include outbound linehaul (ground, ocean, and air), Local Delivery Company (LDC) management, national contract carrier management (UPS / FedEx / FedEx Ground, Lynden Air Freight, USPS, Canadian Post, etc).
He/She will have the primary responsibility of coordinating operational activities with US, Canada, and Puerto Rico Operations, and will be the primary liaison with US, Canada, and Puerto Rico Sales and Sales Support Organizations on a National and Regional level.
He/she will be a developer of Business Transformation strategies and will be responsible for communicating progress against the business transformation profit plan objectives.
He/She will be responsible for development, training and succession planning for the Outbound Logistics Organization.
He/She will be responsible for negotiation and management of national contract carrier contracts, i.e., UPS, FedEx, FedEx Ground, Lynden Airfreight, etc.
He/She will be responsible for the workload balance of all markets to include LDC, Linehaul, and Branch balances. Workload balance will be based on both the 2 week campaign cycle (US / PR), and the 3 week campaign cycle (Canada).
He/She will be responsible for the strategy, planning, and communication of holiday / acceleration initiatives. This includes all quarter end business management activities in coordination with US Marketing / Trending.
He/she will be responsible for compliance with all HazMat, Customs, and DOT laws and regulations, related to the movement of Representative and District Sales Manager shipments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop long term outbound logistics vision / strategy
- Lead North America distribution network modeling project
- Lead US, Canadian, and Puerto Rico Outbound Transportation combined budget of $134 Million (US = $122MM, Canada = $8MM, Puerto Rico = $4 MM) including: Local Delivery Company Network (LDCs); Local Delivery Company; Outbound Linehaul and LTL; Outbound Ocean; CC (UPS/FedEx/USPS/Canada Post, etc.); Outbound Airfreight
- Lead the execution of quarterly order / sales management strategy
- Lead development of national Holiday Schedule operational plans
- Coordinate through Customer Service Communications Contact with National Sales Support Team to insure appropriate and complete communications to Field Organization at all levels.
- Lead development of future transportation business systems including: In-Transit / Shipment Visibility Systems; Freight Payment; Delivery Verification; Functional Miscellaneous Reporting
- Lead US, Canada, and Puerto Rico linehaul, airfreight, ocean, and delivery operations related to Representative and District Sales Manager shipments
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Transportation, Operations Management, or related technical degree preferred
- MBA or relevant graduate degree a plus
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in Avon Branch Transportation, with a demonstrated knowledge of Branch Operations, Field Sales, Logistics, and Supply Chain concepts and management. Specific experience in the areas of Small Package Operations Management and related Industrial Engineering.
- Project management experience and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with a process re-engineering project and change management also a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective project management and leadership skills
- Must have extremely strong oral/written/presentation skills, with ability to interface across functional areas and at all levels of the organization
-Solid group leader / facilitation skills
Purcell International Group
1640 So. Sepulveda Bl., suite # 208
Los Angeles, Calif. 90025
310-914-8275 Direct #
310-477-4433 Main #
310-478-2711 Fax #
© 2003-2005 NASSTRAC -