The Shipper's Market
Back To Job Center
Senior Logistics Coordinator
Keystone Dedicated Logistics
Purpose of Function: Assist Logistics Supervisor in providing client analysis, implementation and on-going support of logistics management group. Also, includes carrier interface and program compliance for managed clients.
Working Procedure and/or Responsibility Assigned
• Review client programs to determine savings opportunity and profit margin to company on all outbound and inbound transportation programs, including LTL, TL, Small Package, Expedited and Third Party Delivery.
• Prepare cost savings reports to present to client as well as support company position with carriers. Establish benchmarks for savings calculations and develop monthly reports to track savings against the benchmark.
• Direct the implementation of company programs with client and establish invoicing procedures with invoicing department.
• Day to day management of assigned accounts.
• Monitor and report overall performance (Both internal and external) as well as act on deviations from program.
• Assist the Logistics Management team in the negotiation and development of national and regional carrier programs.
• Develop on-going transportation expense and measurement reports.
Measures of success include:
• Client transportation expense Vs savings against benchmarks established.
• Revenue generated on managed accounts.
• New revenue opportunities generated from managed accounts.
• Speed to which accounts are brought on to revenue stream.
• Feedback from managed accounts.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
• Initiative: Strong self -starter who actively seeks additional responsibility, sets high performance standards and routinely exceeds what is expected. Demonstrates persistence and patience when faced with obstacles.
• Communication skills: Speaks clearly and effectively in both one-on-one and large group settings. Listens attentively and actively to others. Conveys a sense of structure and organization in communications. Writes clearly and concisely.
• Analytical: Good with numbers. Can develop logical and practical alternatives/solutions.
• Team Player: Enjoys working with others. Focuses on sharing working rather than snaring credit. Works toward achieving a common goal.
• Independent Worker: Has the ability to work on your own initiative. Is able to prioritize work based on responsibility given.
• Time Management: Plans and prioritizes assignments. Can simultaneously work on several tasks. Manages own workload. Will seek help as needed.
Education Requirements: College Degree Required.
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years prior experience in transportation preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis on Excel and Access.
If interested, please contact Bob Hammel, Chairman, 412 429 2150
© 2003-2005 NASSTRAC -